20 IDEAS TO KEEP YOUR KIDS AND YOU BUSY DURING MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER (MCO) PERIOD
Saddened by the subsequent waves of the outbreak, the Federal Government has implemented Movement Control Order in several States in Malaysia to help prevent the widespread of this deadly Covid-19 virus. In this two-week period, opening operations are limited to essential services as we focus on safety precautions amidst this pandemic.
Do not worry, neither should you panic. Let’s take a deep breath and stay home, stay indoors! Few days passed without you realising it, getting through this whole period is another thing. Here, we have listed 20 ideas to keep your kids and you busy during the Covid-19 closure.
- It is time to take out and dust away your board games.
- Keep a daily journal of what your family and you have been up to.
- Now is a good time to bake! Bake some cakes or cookies, who knows if it would turn out so good that you might just be able to sell them.
- Learn to do meal preps. In case if you are working from home, a pre-prepared meal is always the best to keep your family and you full especially during lunch. You also get to save time from cooking!
- Movie nights at home. Each night, a family member gets to choose what to watch.
- If you haven’t started, try working out at home.
- Make a countdown and do something productive each day. This will make you feel good about yourselves by the end of this two-week period.
- Help your children with homework.
- Complete puzzles or build something out of legos.
- Make a list of travel destinations you would like to visit in Selangor.
- Spring clean! Go through things you don’t use anymore and put them aside for charity.
- Do chores. Make a list for every member of the family.
- Redecorate your house.
- Go camping on your yard.
- Videochat with friends and relatives. Social distancing doesn’t have to be awful.
- Plan your next family vacation in Selangor.
- Start home gardening (indoors or outdoors).
- Create a home movie.
- Make a map of where you would like to go once MCO is over.
- Karaoke at home!
Jam up these ideas to keep your family and you occupied during these tough times. This way you get to refrain yourselves from going out. Plus, you get to spend quality time with your loved ones. However, if you do feel under the weather or in need of medical attention, we would like to advise you to go the nearest healthcare provider or hospital and get yourselves screened. Below are the lists of healthcare centres in Selangor that you can visit.
– KPJ Damansara Specialist Hospital
– Sunway Specialist Centre Damansara
– The Tun Hussein Onn National Eye Hospital
– Avisena Specialist Hospital
– Columbia Asia Hospital Bukit Rimau
– Ara Damansara Medical Centre
– Sunway Medical Centre
– KPJ KLang Specialist Centre
– Subang Jaya Medical Centre
– Assunta Hospital
Do take note if you have been exposed or you feel like you have flu-like symptoms, coughing and sneezing, shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing, a temperature of 37.5° and above, please firstly quarantine yourself and call the Ministry of Health’s hotline at 03-88810200, 03-88810600 or 03-88810700 to get advice on your next move. Do not straight away go to a clinic because you might infect others.
Stay safe, stay indoors. We at Tourism Selangor cares for the community and Malaysia.
For more information, please log on to the official website of Tourism Selangor at Selangor.Travel.